Most Popular Blogs

1. Ken and Nikos Fixture, A 3DCad success story

The Fabled Ken and Niko Fixture was one of many collaborations that has been part of this forums great ability to share information and skills :)

The fixture was originally designed to be a head cutting fixture but as my initial test on this fixture shows, it can be put to a great many uses!

Well done Ken and Niko :)

The fixture is dead simple to operate,

1:Simply lock it into your Rotary chuck and square it against your table..

Updated 05-24-2010 at 12:19 PM by Chris.Botha

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Head-Fixture1W.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0948.JPG 
Views:	342 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0949.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	230   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0962.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0964.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	232  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0966.JPG 
Views:	330 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0968.JPG 
Views:	343 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0971.JPG 
Views:	346 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	235  
  2. Prong Setting 101

by , 07-14-2010 at 03:50 AM (3dcadjewelry.com General Blog)
    Prong Setting

Prong setting is by far the easiest method of setting stones. However, it still takes practice and a working knowledge of tools and procedures to master.
    Ask 5 jewelers what method is used to prong set a stone and you will probably get 5 different answers. In these examples I will show you what methods work best for me.
    In the first example, I will be setting a pear shaped star cut blue topaz in a standard 4 prong double gallery basket head.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Creating My Own 3DM Texture Files

Hi Everyone,

Over a period of time, I've been trying to build myself a Library of 3DM Texture files.
    Most of these have come from various images that I've collected along the way, even some from this Forum & also the old one.

Regardless of the image source, to make them usable in MoI, these first need to be converted into a NURBS surface.
    For that process I've been using ZSurf4, which is FREELY available HERE.
    You can also read more on how to do this ...

Updated 08-10-2010 at 05:55 AM by Colwax

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Platinum Fusing..

Copy of blog post at

http://digital-jeweller.blogspot.com...rd-if-you.html

A few tips on fusing platinum. the art of fusing platinum is overlooked.. its too easy to just solder it.. but often soldering platinum will buy you heaps of problems down the track..

This method below can also be used on 18 carat palladium based white golds and with a steady hand and some experience 18 carat yellow too. (in the case of golds ...

Updated 06-22-2011 at 10:35 AM by Chris Botha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Keyword Research: How Many Customers Are You Willing To Lose?

You will never even know how many customers are actually out there actively looking for your products and services if they can't find you. Yes, keyword research sounds boring. Yes, keyword research may seem overwhelming. However, the brass tacks truth is that you're up a creek without a paddle if you ignore it.

Most business owners dread keyword research because they donít understand what it will do for their business and they donít know how to do it. This often overlooked step in ...

Updated 04-29-2011 at 03:04 AM by Moolloo009

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast