Recent Blogs Posts

1. Millicent gets 5 Axis Upgrade!

I made the decision to add a 5th Axis to my Minitech Minimill 2 as a hobby project.

I bought a second hand Minitech 5th axis trunnion table unit from fellow forum member Stewy, and assigned a little time each weekend to work on it.

The initial arrival was a worry as it looked far to big for my table.. but it worked out ok.

The BEFORE shot:
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10428423_311344922388115_2316334287376554143_n.jpg ...

Updated 11-23-2014 at 07:57 AM by Chris Botha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. An old time setter from way back

Hi I began learning the jewelery trade when I was ten years old back in 1957. My Family had been involved in the business since before the depression. It was my Uncle who asked me if I would like to work running errands for his business during the summers and at vacation times. Well as a kid I saw dollar signs in front of me knowing what ever I earned I could spend on stuff.
    The errands were all on 47th street in N Y city, the diamond district. It was easy and fun and since I knew how ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. New member from Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Klose View Post
    Hi to all of you, my name is Bob Klose . I have been in the jewelry business since 1976. I founded Images Jewelers by designing a line of 14k and sterling jewelry and selling it to department stores and retail jewelers. I have been the custom jewelry biz since then. I have been involved with MATRIX since its inseption,I was one of the group of 9 that did the Beta testing of the software. We are currently on our third mill and just love it. Recently we purchased an "AUREUS" by Envisiontec,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. How to Create A Banner for Your Website

Most of us are quite familiar with looking at Banners (aka Header images) on websites. In fact these days we expect it! It acts like a virtual business card for your website.

Most banners contain stylized text, a logo, at least one image, and sometimes even contact details. If your website gives you the ability to rotate banners it's a good idea to have a business card style banner in addition to products that you're promoting and/or new services and products you offer. While a surfer ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast